Thursday, June 4, 2015

Tuesday February 10, 2015 - At Sea


Tuesday February 10, 2015 – At Sea

We slept until 7:30.  Tim went for his daily exercise and I went to Horizons and caught up on email and the blog.  Several property issues to handle today.  We had coffee and then went to Martinis to read for a while but it was a big distracting as the casino is next door to this lounge.

Tim read while I went to the Destination Services talk about future cruises.  I think I’ll hold off on any future Oceania cruises for now!

We went to lunch in the dining room at 12:30 and it was a disaster.  It took 20 minutes for the wine steward to serve us.  Lunch took an hour and a half.  The waiter apologized as he said more people came than usual.  Didn’t they know that it was cold outside, the pool and walking track are closed due to high winds, and most people want to be inside where it is warm?  Maybe the wait staff management is on a different ship than we are.

We went to the Enlightenment Lecture by a professor who talked about the animals and plants of southern South America.  He gave us a lot to look forward to seeing.  Tim then read while I napped after my wine at lunch.  Just can’t handle drinking during the day like I used to be able to handle it!

We skipped High Tea today as neither of us needed the calories of another snack.  So we relaxed and enjoying doing a lot of nothing.

We dressed for cocktails and dinner.  Most likely an early evening as we have a long tour starting at 8 am tomorrow.  I imagine it will still be chilly.  The captain said it was in the mid 50’s today!  Brrrr.  Imagine it will stay cool as we head south.  We had dinner by the window up in the grill and had great dinner conversation.

We headed to the cabin and talked for a while.  Tim went to hear Amy’s “country show” while I went to sleep.  But when Tim got back our toilet wasn’t working.  He reported it but it took them until 6 am the next morning to get it fixed.  Neither of us was happy. 

I turned in a comment card on the poor wine service and the poor response to the toilet issue.  On the wines, it takes them 20-30 minutes to get your wine order, many times after the first course has arrived and twice they have served white wine to us at room temperature.  Not good for a ship that prides itself on food and wine.  We are hoping that they redeem themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment