We had to get up at 1 am. There was no breakfast. We had to be on the bus at 2 am in order to get back to airport. The check-in for the flight was a disaster. Most of the agents working the flight spoke no English. The plane was supposed to leave at 4 am but it took until 3:45 am to get everyone checked in.
I found a fireman who spoke no English and explained that I needed to find my bag. He took me to 2 wrong places until we returned to Avianca's desk. The ONE agent who spoke English happened to walk by and I asked him to help me find my bag. And he did. He went in the back and 5 minutes later came out with my missing bag. Whew!
The plane was supposed to leave at 4 am but it was apparent that there was no way that would happen. Finally we started loading onto a new plane that had been brought in the night before. We finally take off at 5 am. We were sweating this as last night I had called Avianca in Columbia and they told us that they had put us on a 9 am flight from Bogota to Miami. Would we make it.
We landed in Bogota at 8 am but there is a 2 hour time change from Brasilia! We ran to the next plane and found out it was leaving at 9:30. Tim wanted to talk to the agent who spoke no English and I told him to "cool it" and let me talk. They had saved us seats in first class – whew! So we'll get home to Miami this afternoon.
It was an uneventful flight to Miami. We got our luggage quickly and called Jose who was there to meet us and drive us back to Ft Lauderdale.
We safely got back to Ft Lauderdale about 4 pm.
Tim had days of laundry to do. Tonight is the Annual Owners' Meeting for the Venetian and I'm supposed to be the chair for that, so I jumped right into "condo President" mode.
It is so good to be home after another great adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment