Tuesday February 17, 2015 – At Sea enroute to Port Stanley,
Falkland Islands
It was a frustrating night.
The seas are very rough but the winds are howling. And to make matters worse, our balcony door
is not sealed properly so the door whistles in several different tones. And the door is not even close to being air
tight so the wind is blowing into our room with great force – and it’s
cold. I got up several times during the
night and made a brace for the door out of our desk stool and some
pillows. Still woke me up at times.
Tim got up and went to work out. I got up, showered, dressed and went for
coffee in the lounge. I stopped by the
Library and got a couple of books to read – David Baldacchi is my next
read. When I got back to the room Omar
was there and I showed him the door. He
told me several other doors nearby are doing the same. He called maintenance.
Later the maintenance man came and said the door was off of
the track. He reset it, but after he
left it still whistled. So I put my
brace back on.
We went to the Lounge to hear a talk on plants in the
Falklands. Interesting. When we got back the staff had removed my
door brace and slid the sofa over up against the door. No more whistling! We’ll leave it there for a while and not use
the balcony. It’s too cold and windy out
today any way!
We had lunch in the dining room and then went to another
“enlightment” discussion on the UK – Argentina war over the Falklands. Interesting history.
We read and relaxed during the afternoon and then dressed
for dinner. At 7 we went to Horizons to
have drinks with Putu. Then we went to
dinner at 8:15 in the dining room.
Hopefully tonight won’t be another Murphy, the Wonder Dog Show!!!! We finished dinner late and went to bed since
I didn’t sleep much last night. The
staff had left the sofa up against the door so it wouldn’t rattle and whistle
during the night and I finally got a good night’s sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment